Barley with Pumpkin and Porcini Mushrooms Aroma
FOR 4 PERSONS
350 gr pearled barley
250 gr cleaned pumpkin
60 gr fresh small spinach
2 Bauer porcini mushrooms stock-cubes with extra virgin olive oil
½ yellow onion
½ glass of white wine
Extra virgin olive oil
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Created By Chef Antonella Iannone
- Peel and finely dice the onion.
- In a small saucepan, pour a liter of water with the two stock-cubes, bring to a boil and keep it warm.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
- In a pan, sauté the finely diced onion in 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the sautéed onion from the pan and set it aside.
- Turn the heat up and pour the barley into the saucepan.
- Toast the barley for a few minutes, stirring so that the barley does not burn.
- Simmer with the white wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the sautéed onion and about half of the mushroom broth.
- Cook for about 20 minutes on gentle heat.
- After 10 minutes, add the pumpkin and a few ladles of broth.
- Cook the barley, it will take about another 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach 5 minutes from the end.
- Turn the heat off and let it rest for a few minutes. If you wish, before serving, stir in 2 or 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.