Chicken ragout and turmeric Gateau
FOR 12 PERSONS
1 kg potatoes
60 g grated Parmesan cheese
5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon turmeric
200 g mozzarella cheese for the filling
For the chicken ragout
350 g ground chicken
1 large carrot (about 100 g)
1 small onion
1 celery stalk
80 ml red wine
Salt, to taste
1 turmeric vegetable organic stock cube Bauer
500 ml water
For the finishing
breadcrumbs, as needed
butter, as needed
Created By: Alba
- Sauté the chopped onion, the peeled and chopped carrot and the celery cut into small pieces (without the leaves) with a drizzle of oil. Add the ground chicken, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes. Add the red wine and let it evaporate.
- Gradually add the turmeric broth, obtained by dissolving the turmeric stock cube in the water, and then cook the ragout for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. The liquid must have dried completely as the ragout must be firm since it will be placed in the center of the gateau. Turn the heat off and place the ragout in a bowl. Set aside.
- Boil the potatoes in water for about 40 minutes or until they will be soft. The time varies depending on the size of the potatoes.
Drain the potatoes, peel them while they are still hot, being careful not to burn yourself. Mash them with a potato masher, collecting them in a bowl.
- Add the salt, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, turmeric and mix with your hands or, if you prefer, with a wooden spoon.
- Butter a rectangular baking dish and sprinkle it with breadcrumbs. Pour half of the potato mixture and mash it down to cover the entire surface of the baking dish, so as to form a layer. Add the chicken ragout and level it with a spoon. Next, sprinkle the diced mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with the remaining potato mixture and, using your hands, level the mixture. Sprinkle the surface with breadcrumbs and scatter some small pieces of butter on the top. Bake in a pre-heated static oven at 190° for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before eating the gateau.