Pasta with speck, finferli mushrooms and saffron
FOR 4 PERSONS
350 g curly lasagna or tagliatelle pasta
350 g finferli mushrooms (Chanterelle)
120 g speck, sliced thin
1 garlic clove
1 Bauer saffron stock cube
parsley to taste
500 ml water
extra-virgin olive oil
salt to taste
Created By: Foodblogger Lisa Fregosi
Mum Cake Frelis
- First, prepare a saffron broth by putting the Bauer stock cube in half a liter of water. Place on the stove and melt the cube in the water over medium heat.
- Clean the chanterelle mushrooms from any dirt with the help of a brush or a slightly damp cloth. Remove the end part of the stems and chop the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Clean the onion and cut it into thin slices. Put a drizzle of oil in a pan, add the sliced onion and half of the speck. Sautee for about 2/3 minutes.
- Add half a ladle of saffron broth, continue cooking for 2 minutes and then add the chopped mushrooms.
- Add a generous ladle of saffron broth and cook the mushrooms over high heat for 15 minutes, taking care to mix well. Add more broth if they become too dry.
Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in abundant salted water, adding also the leftover saffron broth (keep a glass of broth aside). Drain the pasta when it is still al dente.
- When the pasta is ready, take the pan with the mushrooms, add the remaining speck and a sprinkle of parsley. Cook for about 2/3 minutes and finally add the cooked pasta.
Toss in the pan for a few minutes adding the glass of broth, which you set aside, if the pasta and mushrooms seem too dry. Serve the dish while nice and hot.