Saffron Potatoes Gnocchi
FOR 4 PERSONS
400 gr potatoes
120 gr type 1 flour
2 vegetable saffron stock-cubes
Extra virgin olive oil
Created By Chef Antonella Iannone
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in a pot with a liter of water and the saffron stock-cubes.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes will be soft. Drain them while keeping the cooking water.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- In a bowl, place the mashed potatoes, the salt and the flour.
- Knead the dough fast and little, just until you obtain a soft and compact ball.
- Cut a piece of the dough.
- Make some finger thick round sticks.
- Do not add flour. If you need flour, just dust your hands with some.
- Cut the sticks every cm, to obtain some small cylinders.
- Roll the gnocchi with your hands.
- Once the gnocchi are formed, let them rest outside for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook the gnocchi in the cooking water of the potatoes.
- Do not stir.
- Gnocchi will be ready as soon as they rise to the surface.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the gnocchi for two minutes.
- Finely slice the green part of the leek.
- Serve the saffron potatoes gnocchi with a sprinkle of sliced leek.