Bulgur and Lentils Salad
FOR 4 PERSONS
300 gr bulgur
300 gr green lentils
2 vegetable ginger stock-cubes
2 celery ribs
2 medium carrots
1 Tropea onion
Extra virgin olive oil
Created By Chef Antonella Iannone
- Prepare the ginger broth by pouring a liter of water in a saucepan with the two stock-cubes.
- Bring to a boil and put the broth aside, keeping it warm.
- Put the bulgur in a bowl and cover with about 500 ml of the broth.
- Seal the bowl with some plastic wrap and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the Tropea onion into round slices.
- In a pan, heat two tablespoons of oil, add the onion and brown for about 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the lentils and mix to flavor well.
- Add one ladle of warm broth.
- Dice the cleaned carrots and celery and add them to the lentils.
- Cook the lentils for about 30 minutes adding ,once in a while, the broth until completely cooked.
- Chopped the parsley and add it to the lentils.
- Add the bulgur to the lentils, mixed all the ingredients well and serve.