Fava Beans and Avocado Paté
FOR 6 PERSONS
240 gr frozen fava beans
40 gr of aged Pecorino sardo cheese
1 ripe avocado
1 Bauer vegetable stock-cube with extra-virgin olive oil
Created By Chef Antonella Iannone
- Bring 500 ml of water to a boil in a pan with the vegetable stock-cube.
- Pour in the frozen fava beans and cook them for 8/9 minutes.
- Drain the fava beans, setting aside the cooking broth.
- Rinse the legumes with cold water in order to stop the cooking and keep their color bright.
- Let the broth cool off.
- In a blender, pour the fava beans, the peeled avocado, (without the pit) the lemon juice, the pecorino cheese and a pinch of pepper.
- Blend and, a little at a time, pour half a glass of the cooking broth into the blender.
- Continue blending and, if necessary, add some additional spoons of cooking broth until you obtain a creamy pâté.
- Pour the pâté into a small bowl and serve it with sliced toasted bread and speck.