Fava beans cream with chicory, walnuts and chili pepper
FOR 2 PERSONS
150 gr dried fava beans
400 ml water (to cook the beans)
8 g Bauer vegetable granular stock Vegetalbrodo
4 bunches of chicory greens
1 garlic clove, peeled
extra virgin olive oil, as needed
salt, to taste
shelled large walnuts, as needed
chili pepper, to taste
Created By: Giusi Olivieri
- Soak the dried fava beans overnight in a bowl with the water.
- The next day, drain them. Bring the water and the granular stock to a boil in a saucepan and add the soaked and drained fava beans. Continue cooking for 20 minutes. The fava beans will be tender and almost creamy. Season with salt to taste.
- Clean the chicory, blanch it for a few minutes and then place it in a bowl with some ice and cold water.
- In a skillet, pour a drizzle of oil with the clove of garlic. Turn the stove burner on, add the drained chicory to the oil and garlic and sauté it to gain flavor for 5 minutes. Season with salt and chili pepper to taste.
- Blend the fava beans obtaining a cream to set down as a base for each dish, helping yourself with a pastry cutter. Add the chicory in the center, the shelled walnuts and the dried or fresh chili pepper.