Fregola Pasta with Lupini Mollusk (Striped Venus) and Chickpeas
FOR 4 PERSONS
350 gr Sardinia fregola pasta
250 gr cooked chickpeas
4 ripe tomatoes
2 Bauer fish stock-cubes with extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 net of lupini mollusks
Extra virgin olive oil
Created By Chef Antonella Iannone
- In a large bowl, place the lupini and cover them with cold water.
- Let them purge for about an hour.
- Prepare the fish broth by pouring a liter of cold water and the two stock-cubes in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and keep the broth warm.
- In a pan, pour two tablespoons of oil and the 1 clove of crushed garlic. Let it sauté and add the lupini.
- Cover the pan and cook over high heat for about 4/5 minutes, until the mollusks will all be opened up.
- Turn the heat off and keep aside.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the internal water and cut the pulp into cubes.
- Chop the parsley leaves.
- In a saucepan, pour two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the remaining clove of crushed garlic, heat it and add the tomatoes and the parsley. Sauté for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- Add the fregola pasta and season for a couple of minutes.
- Cover everything with ¾ of the warm broth and cook for about 13 minutes.
- After about 6/7 minutes, add the cooked chickpeas.
- In the meantime, shell some of the lupini, while leaving some of them in their shell.
- Few minutes from the end of the 13 minutes, add the lupini’s cooking water which you will have previously filtered.
- If necessary, also add the remaining fish broth.
- Complete the cooking, add the lupini and serve.