Ginger bulgur with prawns, onion and crunchy crumbs
FOR 4 PERSONS
320 g of bulgur
2 fresh red onions
250 g peeled shrimps (even frozen)
4 slices of bread (even stale)
2 Bauer ginger stock cubes
extra virgin olive oil to taste
salt to taste
Created By: Elvira De Luca
Elvira dolci e cucina
- In a non-stick frying pan, pour two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, heat it up then add the crumbled bread and let it cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, the time necessary to make the crumbs crisp. Keep to one aside.
- Pour 1 litre of water into a saucepan, put 2 Bauer ginger stock cubes inside, let them melt and boil.
- Meanwhile, pour a little extra virgin olive oil into a large non-stick pan, add the thinly sliced onions and peeled shrimps.
- Let it brown for a couple of minutes then add the bulgur, let it toast and add the broth until completely cooked.
- Divide the bulgur into plates, top with the crispy crumbs and serve.