OSSOBUCO WITH MUSHROOMS
FOR 4 PERSONS
1.5 kg of ossobuco (marrow bone)
150g of all-purpose flour
6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 glass of dry white wine
50 g of Bauer Porcini Mushroom Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
8 clean Portobello mushrooms
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
Fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
Serve with: polenta
By Lidia Mattiazzi
- Slightly dust the meat with flour on both sides, brown it in a pan with a little bit of oil, add the wine and reduce.
- In a bowl, mix Bauer Mushroom Sauce with 750 ml of water and pour it onto the ossobuchi.
- Let it cook for 1 hour on low heat: the meat should be tender and break apart with a fork.
- In the mean time, in another pan, place the sliced mushrooms, garlic and oil and sauté on high heat. Remove the garlic, then add salt, pepper and parsley.
- Place the polenta, the ossobuco with its own juices and the sautéed mushrooms in a serving plate. Serve immediately.
NOTES: Before removing the meat from the heat, check that it is cooked through. For a fuller and rounder flavour, use Porcini instead of Portobello mushrooms.