POTATO GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS
FOR 4 PERSONS
500 g of potatoes
200g of wheat flour
50 g of Bauer Porcini Mushroom Sauce
400 g of Portobello mushroom
Parsley to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
By Antonella Iannone
- Cook the potatoes in slightly salted water (about 40 minutes), then drain and let them cool. After they have cooled down, peel them and mash them with a potato masher.
- Knead the potatoes with the flour and a pinch of salt. Knead the mixture until you obtain a solid dough, then divide it and shape it into finger-wide strips.
- Cut them into small gnocchi, run them over the gnocchi striper and place them on a slightly floured tray.
- Finely chop the onion and carrot, then sauté them with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- In a jug, mix Bauer Porcini Mushroom Sauce in 500 ml of cold water. Stir well then pour onto the pan.
- Add the Portobello mushrooms and chopped parsley, then lower the heat, cover and let it cook slowly for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the gnocchi in salted boiling water, then train them with a slotted spoon as soon as they come up. Pour them into the pan with the sauce.
- Mix and serve.
NOTE: If you use room-temperature potatoes, you don’t need to add eggs to the mixture.