Turmeric Baba Ghanoush
FOR 2 PERSONS
For the Baba Ghanoush
1 medium eggplant (about 320 gr)
50 g tahini
1 Bauer turmeric stock cube
For the topping
10 roasted Pachino tomatoes
4 asparagus spears
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoons flax seeds
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon EVO extra virgin olive oil
Created By: Ambra and Tea
- Preheat a static oven to 200° C.
- Wash the eggplant, pierce it lightly with a fork, place it on a lined pan and bake it for about 30-40 minutes (check with a fork to make sure that the inside of the eggplant is well cooked).
- Once cooled, cut the eggplant in a half and remove the pulp with a spoon.
- Transfer the eggplant pulp to a bowl, add the tahini and the Bauer turmeric stock cube, slightly crumbled.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients until you obtain a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices, using a peeler, and place them in a bowl with water and ice. They will become crunchy and curl slightly.
- Remove the hard ends of the asparagus, wash them and cut them into slices of about half a centimeter. Season them with salt, pepper and vinegar and set aside.
- Transfer the Baba Ghanoush to a plate and top it with a drizzle of oil, the seeds, the roasted tomatoes, the crispy cucumber slices, the asparagus and some edible flowers.
- The Baba Ghanoush is delicious both by itself and served with toasted crusty bread. It can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.