Chicken meatballs with curry and yogurt sauce
FOR 4 PERSONS
300 g ground lean chicken
300 g greek yogurt
2 red onions
1 garlic clove
100 g of the soft part of a bread loaf or crustless sliced bread
1 egg + 1 yolk
1/2 glass white wine
1/2 glass fresh milk
1 Bauer curry stock cube
extra-virgin olive oil
oregano and mint to taste
salt and pepper to taste
breadcrumbs as needed
Created By: Foodblogger Lisa Fregosi
Mum Cake Frelis
- Soak the bread in the milk and then squeeze it well. In a bowl, mix the meat, bread, the garlic clove peeled and minced, the oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Knead with both hands, then form balls the size of a walnut and roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Grease a casserole dish with some oil. Peel the onions, slice them and cover the bottom of the casserole dish with the onion slices.
- Place the chicken meatballs on top of the onions, previously layered in the casserole dish.
- Grate half of a Bauer curry stock cube and add it to the wine in the glass along with a drizzle of olive oil. Stir well and then pour the mixture on the meatballs. Place the casserole dish in an oven previously heated at 180°C and cook for 40 minutes, taking care of turning the meatballs halfway through cooking.
- Take the other half of the Bauer curry stock cube, grate it, and add it to the yogurt, the egg and yolk. Mix thoroughly and finally pour the mixture on the meatballs as soon as you take them out of the oven.
- Place back in the oven for another 10/15 minutes so as to thicken the yogurt cream. Remove from the oven and garnish with mint leaves before serving.