ESCALOPES WITH ASPARAGUS
FOR 4 PERSONS
300 g of brown rice
8 green asparagus
500 g of veal escalopes
150g of all-purpose flour
3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 glass of dry white wine
A pinch of salt
25 g of Bauer Brown Sauce
By Lidia Mattiazzi
- Put a big pot of water on the stove: once it boils, pour coarse salt and the rice in it, then cook it according to the packet directions.
- In the meantime, cook the asparagus, cut them into rings and cook them in a small pot for about 10 minutes, until they are firm to the bite.
- Flour the escalopes, then brown them in a pan with a little bit of hot oil; add the wine and let it evaporate, add salt and, once they are cooked through, set them aside.
- Mix Bauer Brown Sauce with water and let it cook for 20 minutes, stirring every now and then with a whisk.
- Serve: place the rice on the bottom, cover with the escalopes and asparagus, then sprinkle with a little bit of Brown Sauce and serve warm.
NOTE: Do not overcook the escalopes, as they may dry! This dish is excellent also with pork or chicken.