PRIMAVERA RISOTTO WITH VEGETABLES AND SHRIMPS
FOR 4 PERSONS
2 celery stalks
3 small cups of frozen peas
1 small red bell pepper
5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 knob of butter
1 litre of slightly salted vegetable stock
100 ml of dry white wine
5 small cups of Carnaroli rice
A few thyme or lemon thyme sprigs
Black pepper to taste
20 shrimps (or 12 prawns)
1 pack of Bauer Shellfish Sauce
By Anna Gentile
- Dice the carrots, celery, bell pepper and onion.
- In a saucepan, pour the oil, butter and onion. Sauté then add the carrots and celery, then the peas and lastly the pepper, and let it cook.
- When the vegetables are still firm to the bite, add the rice and let it roast.
- Pour the white wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the vegetable stock a little bit at a time, and let it soak in before adding some more.
- When the rice is still firm to the bite, add the shrimps.
- Dissolve Bauer Shellfish Sauce in 250 ml of warm stock, stirring to prevent any lumps, then pour it onto the risotto, stirring constantly.
- Before serving, add thyme and black pepper.
NOTE: Be careful with the salt, because the cooking juice is already savoury. You can add cuttlefish or mussels, if you like